- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, the participants and volunteers registered to The IBL ON THE MOVE. In this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Our details
- This website is owned and operated by IBL Ltd. (the “Company” or “we”, “us”).
- One of The Company’s activity is to organize and manage The IBL ON THE MOVE event which is a charity event. Details of the event are provided on our website.
- The Company is registered in Mauritius under registration number C07001778, and our registered office is at 4th Floor, IBL House, Caudan Waterfront, Port-Louis, Mauritius.
- For any general information, you can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on (+230) 203 2000. For any privacy questions or issues, you may contact our Data Protection Officer. Please refer to section 16 below.
3. Collecting personal information
- We collect personal information of participants and volunteers via an external registration platform set up by ROAG (Race Organisers Admin Group) which is an event administration system. The personal data provided on the registration form is accessible to the directors and employees of the Company, who are responsible for the organization of the IBL ON THE MOVE event.
- We will collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any event registration or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, date of birth, nationality, preferences, medical details, photos and videos);
- information on an emergency contact to ensure the runner’s safety or to obtain any information that may be useful when providing medical care during the competition
- medical details
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
- We do not collect or have access to your credit card details.
- We may also collect personal data on participants who are children or minors subject to parents’ consent.
- Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
4. Using your personal information
- Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We mainly collect data when you register as participant or volunteer for IBL ON THE MOVE races to ensure a proper handling of participations, rankings, smooth-running of the event and indeed for everybody’s safety.
- We can also use your personal information:
- to prepare the event with our partners
- for videos and pictures that will be used for marketing, communication and on social medias
- to create a list of runners that can be consulted on our website which will be printed and displayed at the race bibs distribution spots. This list will include names, first names, telephone, gender, bib numbers and clubs of the participants.
- to administer our website and business;
- to personalise our website for you;
- to enable your use of the services available on our website;
- to supply to you third party services accessed through our website;
- to send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- to send you email notifications;
- to send you our email newsletter, (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- to send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you, by post, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- to keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
to verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
- Your personal data may also be processed by external parties which are necessary to accomplish certain important tasks related to the proper organization of the event such as:
- For the design and printing of race bibs which are necessary to identify runners during their race.
- For the creation and publication of rankings.
Your personal data is only transmitted to external parties for the mission they carry out for the Company. Under no circumstances does the Company authorise external parties to use these data for any other purpose.
- If you submit personal data for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
- We will store and use your medical details for the sole purpose of ensuring your safety during the trail run`
5. Processing of personal data must be justified
We will only process your personal data where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do so, such as (i) your participation to IBL ON THE MOVE races and ancillary services; (ii) for the performance of any other engagement we have towards you; (iii) where you have provided us with your express consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose; (iv) our use of your personal data is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization; and (iv) for your vital interest.
The processing is also justified by the following:
- The need to identify each participant individually and with certainty (via a surname, first name, date of birth, gender and nationality), in order to ensure his/her safety, to control the qualifying races that he/she has finished and to establish reliable sports rankings.
- The need to be able to contact the participant to provide him/her with any information related to his/her participation in the event, before, during and after the race. As part of the organization of the event, the Company may contact a participant by telephone, email or regular mail.
- The need to identify an emergency contact to ensure the participant’s safety or to obtain any information that may be useful when providing medical care during the competition.
6. Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers (such as race doctors, rescue team, the companies responsible of the races’ registration and equipment) or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to our holding company, IBL Ltd and its subsidiary companies and such employees of IBL on a need to know basis and insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and]
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to other third parties.
7. International data transfers
- Information that we collect will be stored and processed which is situated in South Africa.
- Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section 7.
- Information that we collect may be transferred in Europe, South Africa, Reunion Island and other participants’ countries for communication purpose such as photos, videos, ranking to promote the IBL ON THE MOVE.
8. Retaining personal information
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
9. Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All the financial information and transactions is done under ROAG website.
- All personal information and electronic financial transactions entered into through ROAG website will be sent over an encrypted secure connection with 256-bit encryption.
- No credit card details are entered or stored on this website.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of major changes to this policy by email.
11. Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to erase any personal information we hold about you.
12. Third party websites
13. Updating information
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us to correct or update any personal information that we hold about you.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
If you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner, you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) (The Data Protection Office, 5th floor, SICOM Tower, Wall Street Ebène, Mauritius). However we ask that you please try to resolve any issues with us first before referring your complaint to the DPC.
16. How to contact us regarding this policy?
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with and questions in relation to this notice. If you have any questions about this notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details set out below:
The Data Protection Officer
IBL House, Caudan Waterfront
Port Louis, Mauritius